Mission, beliefs, goals and vision
We understand that wealth creation and community well-being are two sides of the same coin. We’re for both. We won’t compromise our performance or your beliefs.
We exist to provide financial leadership and thereby to support The Uniting Church Synod of NSW and the ACT by:
- Disciplined ethical investment with a heart for the Church mission
Everyone we deal with should expect the best of us in all situations
- We will be honest, ethical, trustworthy and consistent in all our dealings.
- We will be sincere in caring for others, supportive of our customers, our staff, our communities and the Church.
- We are dedicated to working competently, efficiently and effectively, focussing on what’s important for our mission and striving for financial solutions which are in the best interests of the Church.
- We will share knowledge and information with each other in a timely manner, while maintaining appropriate confidentialities; we will be receptive to new ideas and will give and receive constructive feedback.
Preserve and protect the funds entrusted to us:
- We will optimise returns by managing our investors’ funds professionally, prudently, ethically and profitably, appropriately managing risk
- We will work towards distributing the maximum prudent surplus to the Church each year
- We will build our capital base to ensure a sustainable endowment for the Church’s future
Deliver Quality Service:
- We will provide cost-effective and technologically up-to-date ethical financial products, services and distribution to meet the changing needs of our investors and borrowers
- Our financial advice to the Church will be based on sound risk management principles and a desire to help to sustain gospel mission activities
Build strong relationships:
- Through open communication, clear accountability, a strong focus on ethical investments and living our values we will build strong relationships with staff, the Uniting Church, service providers and other stakeholders
- We are eager to innovate across all of our activities, open to taking new roads and challenging accepted wisdom
“Consistent with our charitable purpose, Christian values and mission, each year we strive to increase our distribution to the Synod of NSW and the ACT while also building a capital base that will ensure a sustainable endowment for the future.”