Self Help Investment
Changes to APRA regulations effective 1 January 2018 mean we are no longer able to offer our range of At Call Investments to our retail investors. This is because Religious Charitable Development Funds (RDFC’s) like Uniting Financial Services are not permitted to have investments where the term is less than 31 days.
In the case of Self Help Investments, the way you operate the investment has changed. Funds are no longer accessible online. You can still add to your investment at any time, however funds can only be withdrawn after being held for 31 days.
There have been no changes to the level of support you will provide to your nominated Self Help Scheme.
Turn interest into action.
Uniting Financial Services has created a clever investment that allows you and your friends to financially contribute to the Uniting Church Organisation you wish to support. It’s called Self Help and it’s made up of two parts:
- Self Help Scheme, is established by the Uniting Church Organisation and the Self Help Investment, is opened by you and linked to the Self Help Scheme.
- How it works is that you provide direct, ongoing financial support to your chosen Uniting Church Organisation by forgoing the interest on your investment. So, rather than collecting the interest, it’s redirected to the Church Organisation’s Self Help Scheme.
As a Self Help investor, you can remain anonymous to the Scheme.
A Self Help Investment earns interest for your chosen Self Help Scheme – with a low minimum investment of just $100. Every dollar is free to work harder for you and your chosen Self Help Scheme because there are no transaction or maintenance fees.
Self Help is your way to help others
You can add to your investment at any time, and interest is calculated daily and paid quarterly to your nominated Self Help Scheme.
Higher Values in every sense
Just as nominated Self Help Schemes benefit from the investment holder’s interest payments, every Self Help Investment supports the Uniting Church.
Help your Uniting Church Organisation with Self Help.
Flexible finance options
UFS is pleased to be able to offer flexible investment options with the Self Help Scheme. It is now available in a 31 day roll and Fixed Term investment.
Features and benefits
- Self Help Investments are linked to a Self Help Scheme established by your Uniting Church organisation.
- You forgo interest on Self Help Investment to benefit the Self Help Scheme
- The minimum initial investment amount is $100
- You can add funds at any time
- There are no transaction or maintenance fees
- Your investment earns a good rate of interest for your chosen Self Help Scheme
- As a Self Help investor, you can remain anonymous to the Self Help Scheme
- Self Help Scheme income can be used for a range of mission purposes
Call 1300 133 673 for any enquiries