Self Help Investment
Turn interest into action.
Uniting Financial Services has created a clever investment that allows you and your friends to financially contribute to the Uniting Church Organisation you wish to support. It’s called Self Help and it’s made up of two parts:
- Self Help Scheme, is established by the Uniting Church Organisation and the Self Help Investment, is opened by you and linked to the Self Help Scheme.
- How it works is that you provide direct, ongoing financial support to your chosen Uniting Church Organisation by forgoing the interest on your investment. So, rather than collecting the interest, it’s redirected to the Church Organisation’s Self Help Scheme.
As a Self Help investor, you can remain anonymous to the Scheme.
Easy access and no fees
A Self Help Investment earns interest for your chosen Self Help Scheme – with a low minimum investment of just $100. Every dollar is free to work harder for you and your chosen Self Help Scheme because there are no transaction or maintenance fees. Accessing and managing your funds is easy with the choice of online, phone and in-branch investing.
Self Help is your way to help others
You can add to or withdraw from your investment at any time, and interest is calculated daily and paid quarterly to your nominated Self Help Scheme.
Higher Values in every sense
Just as nominated Self Help Schemes benefit from the investment holder’s interest payments, every Self Help Investment supports the Uniting Church.
Help your Uniting Church Organisation with Self Help.
Flexible finance options
Features and benefits
- Self Help Investments are linked to a Self Help Scheme established by your Uniting Church organisation.
- You forgo interest on Self Help Investment to benefit the Self Help Scheme
- The minimum initial investment amount is $100
- Funds are available at call and you can add or withdraw funds at any time
- There are no transaction or maintenance fees
- Your investment earns a good rate of interest for your chosen Self Help Scheme
- Your investment is easily accessible via Uniting Online and Uniting by Phone
- As a Self Help investor, you can remain anonymous to the Self Help Scheme
- Self Help Scheme income can be used for a range of mission purposes
Call 1300 133 673 for any enquiries