Mission, beliefs, goals and vision
We understand that wealth creation and community well-being are two sides of the same coin. We’re for both. We won’t compromise our performance or your beliefs.
We exist to provide financial leadership and thereby to support The Uniting Church Synod of NSW and the ACT by:
- Disciplined ethical investment with a heart for the Church mission
As an ethical and professional service organisation, everyone we deal with should expect the best of us in all situations as we behave in a manner that reflects the values of:
- We will be honest, ethical, trustworthy and consistent in all our dealings.
- We will be sincere in caring for others, supportive of our customers, our staff, our communities and the Church.
- We will work together to create positive outcomes, based on open communication and sharing of information, and being open to new ideas.
- We will treat others the way we want to be treated and be willing to receive, as well as to give, constructive feedback.
Preserve and protect the funds entrusted to us:
- We will optimise returns by managing our investors’ funds professionally, prudently, ethically and profitably, appropriately managing risk
- We will work towards distributing the maximum prudent surplus to the Church each year
- We will build our capital base to ensure a sustainable endowment for the Church’s future
Deliver Quality Service:
- We will provide cost-effective and technologically up-to-date ethical financial products, services and distribution to meet the changing needs of our investors and borrowers
- Our financial advice to the Church will be based on sound risk management principles and a desire to help to sustain gospel mission activities
Build strong relationships:
- Through open communication, clear accountability, a strong focus on ethical investments and living our values we will build strong relationships with staff, the Uniting Church, service providers and other stakeholders
- We are eager to innovate across all of our activities, open to taking new roads and challenging accepted wisdom
“Consistent with our charitable purpose, Christian values and mission, each year we strive to increase our distribution to the Synod of NSW and the ACT while also building a capital base that will ensure a sustainable endowment for the future.”