Self Help Scheme
Turn interest into action.
Uniting Financial Services has created a clever investment that allows congregation members to financially contribute to your Uniting Church Organisation. It’s called Self Help and it’s made up of two parts.
- Self Help Scheme, which is established by your Organisation
- Self Help Investment, which is opened by supporters and linked to your Self Help Scheme.
How does it work?
With the help of UFS, your organisation establishes a Self Help Scheme by opening a Self Help Settlement Facility. Members and friends (called Self Help Investors) then support your organisation by opening a Self Help Investment and linking it to your Self Help Scheme.
Your Scheme is funded by Self Help Investors forgoing the interest they earn on their Investment; instead directing it to your Scheme on a quarterly basis. This income can then be used by your Organisation to fund appropriate mission purposes.
A lending hand
Your Uniting Church Organisation can apply for a Self Help Loan and use your Self Help Scheme income to repay the loan. Self Help Loans are currently offered at 1.25% less than The Uniting Church Loan (Variable Interest Rate), making them a cost-effective financing solution for your Organisation.
Features and benefits
- Your Self Help Scheme is funded by members and their friends
- Self Help Scheme income can be used for a range of mission purposes
- You can apply for a Self Help Loan up to the equivalent amount held in supporter funds
- Your Self Help Scheme can be used to repay your Self Help Loan
Are you a Self Help Scheme organiser?
Click here for information and resources to help you grow your Self Help Scheme